"Meet Sir Nicholas Winton
He is a British Man.
Rescued 669 Children
Destined for Death Camps from
Nazis, arranged for them to have homes and smuggled them
to Great Britain. It his
105h Birthday today…”
His 105th was on May 19, but it’s never the wrong time to raise a glass to people who saved kids from Nazis.
Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.
The iconic sentence that started a phenomenon (via narcissblack)
I’m gonna catch up on Night Vale tonight. :)
So I haven’t really had much access to news since I haven’t had access to any of my internet sources but apparently there’s some police brutality shit going down?
Somebody help me. What’s going on? What are cops fucking up this time? From what I can tell they gassed unarmed, peaceful protesters and set up a “first amendment area.” I can’t figure out what the protesters were protesting or if the cops are being held responsible (jk I know they’re not).
Since it’s been awhile, here’s an update on my life rn:
- I’m still fucking devastated about Robin Williams omg.
- There’s still mold in the showers.
- Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of Job Corps and there is so much bullshit happening.
- I thought I made irl friends but I really just made irl acquaintances.
- I’m still hella bad at irl socializing.
- I’m still a bitch without realizing that I’m being one because I still can’t figure out anything beyond “don’t say mean words and say please and thank you and excuse me and make sure your tone is friendly when you’re trying to be friendly.”
- I had a terrible break out but it’s gone now and I’m hot again.
- I just got some nice books from the library I’m blogging in.
- Computer tech is hard because nobody studies (which distracts me) and they make rape jokes in class (which distracts me even more and also pisses me off and makes me sad).
- I broke up with my gf and we’re staying friends. I TOTALLY COMPLETED A HEALTHY BREAK UP WOOT WOOT.
- I’ve become the unofficial librarian at Job Corps because the library there sucks and not a lot of people have the time or ability to go to the public library plus I brought a bunch of cool books with me.
- One of my room mates is very inconsiderate in the morning.
- SERIOUSLY HOW HARD IS IT TO REMEMBER NOT TO SLAM THE DOOR AT 5 IN THE MORNING???
- WE DON’T WAKE UP UNTIL 6.
- AND HOW DOES SHE WAKE UP AN HOUR BEFORE ME AND STILL MANAGE TO BE LATE LEAVING WHICH MEANS I’M LATE LEAVING BECAUSE I CAN’T FINISH MY CHORE UNTIL SHE FINISHES HERS????
- My second job-corps-issued back pack ripped.
- I lost my job-corps-issued water bottle. Or it might have been stolen.
- I lost my favorite sweatshirt. Or it might have been stolen.
- People steal shit here a lot.
- My theory that anybody who complains at least once per month about how much they hate drama is always somebody who causes infinite drama is being proven correct.
- I have a Harley Quinn lanyard.
- There’s a neato comic book/merch store nearby but I’m too broke to afford it.
- But I may save up for some Buffy comics anyway.
- The dollar store has excellent hygiene products, laundry soap, and dryer sheets, which is how I am surviving.
- The ham at breakfast a few days ago was green.
- This just in: Ham is not supposed to be green.
- I hate monsoon season.
- I have blisters caused by wet shoes.